Dumb Ways to Die is a song that was published in November 14, 2012 by the Australian company Metro Trains Melbourne. In the older versions of the game can be unlocked with 800 points, but in the newer versions can be seen at the settings by default.
Dumb Ways to Die is a song commercial for train safety that was meant to be cute and funny. Since people find it adorable, humorous, and catchy it became viral. The main message of the video is that people should be careful around trains because it surely would be a very dumb way to die.
The video can be watched here.
There's an English version and a Spanish version.
- Executive Creative Director : John Mescall
- Creative Director : Patrick Baron
- Copywriter : John Mescall
- Animation Director : Julian Frost
- Digital Team: Huey Groves, Christian Stocker
- Group Account Director : Adrian Mills
- Account Director : Alec Hussain
- Senior Account Manager: Tamara Broman
- Senior Producer: Mark Bradley
- Producer : Cinnamon Darvall
- Musical Arrangement : Oliver "Ollie" Mcgill
- Retoucher : Ross Goddard
- Vocals : Emily Lubitz/Tangerine Kitty
- General Manager, Corporate Relations : Leah Waymark
- Marketing Manager : Chloe Alsop
- Key: C Major
- Time: Common time
- Tempo: 128 bpm
- Main article: DumbWays2Die (YouTube channel)
DumbWays2Die is the YouTube channel that uploaded Dumb Ways to Die.
It also uploaded other videos like Dumb Ways to Valentine.
- Normally one would expect an I-V-vi-iii-IV-I-IV-V (C-G-Am-Em-F-C-F-G) progression in the bass, but in this song, it is done in the other parts of the harmony, with the bass being: I-VII-VI-III-IV-#IV-V-IV-I-VII-VI-III-IV-V-I (that is, C-B-A-E-F-F#-G-F-C-B-A-E-F-G-C).
- This song was censored in Russia due to various reasons, like Dippy getting his lower half bitten off by some piranhas, Stupe getting decapitated after failing to fly his plane, and Numskull's head exploding after she took off her space helmet.
- The song also appeared for a split second near the end of YouTube Rewind Style 2012 due to the popularity of it at the time.
|Dumb Ways to Die series|
|( · ) · · · · · · · · · ( · · ) · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·|
|· · · · ( · · · ) · · ·|
|· · · ·|